Hi, my name is James. Everyone seems to be called James these days, right?
I'm 20, I study at Buckingham University and I'm an avid football fan, with Brighton and Hove Albion being my team. My obsession with football is very unhealthy, but it is pretty much my sole incentive to drag myself out of bed in the morning. To quote Danny Baker;
"Football. Fucking football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive bastards"
What an effective quote. Blunt, precise, and able to convey those feelings I get every Saturday morning in the close season- "what the fuck do I do with no football to watch on tv or to go to, or to listen to, or to read about or to consume in any way imaginable?" Alcohol, women, money, study et al can get in the backseat- football is the only sustenance I need in order to feel alive.
On to the topic of this blog. I'm an aspiring journalist, and i really find it helpful to get everything off my mind and out there into the public domain (even if no-one reads it) so that is what I am doing. I'll be noting down my thoughts on most things, so please feel free to read, not read, agree, disagree or whatever you feel.
With the new football season underway and LOADS of highly-anticipated albums coming out in the not-so-distant future, hopefully I'll be on here regularly writing loads of highly opinionated blogs on a host of topics.
Oh and the blog title, El Puñal- it means the dagger in Spanish and is a reference to Brighton and Hove Albion legend Vicente Rodriguez
Cheers for having a glance,
James

No comments:
Post a Comment